30 April 2010

Cold and Sunny Spring

Spring came early this year. And then it lingered. We aren't used to such a long spring in Toronto. There is usually a final melting, a few weeks of cool temperatures and then we usually shoot straight into summer. This year, it feels more like Vancouver. The cold mornings and the cold nights continue to linger on. It is almost almost below ten degrees when I go walking in the morning. I am still wearing hats and mittens. I have noticed that I am getting tired of the mittens.

The sunrises have also been amazing everyday. I wonder if the cold temperatures are related? Perhaps it's a bit of a trade-off? The air is definitely cold and crisp on those mornings which may add to the clarity and crispness of the sunrise. Ironically, it is a bit warmer today and the sky is clouded over. I wonder if we can have both? Warmth and clarity? Maybe that is the ultimate quest - to have it all. I can tell one thing - it definitely starts with belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment