26 April 2010

Softness

The sky looked so soft this morning - like fluffy pastel-coloured cotton. I wanted to roll myself up inside it and take a nap. I couldn't even figure out when the sun came up because it was obscured by the clouds. It kind of snuck in without any big fanfare. Maybe the sun has trouble changing gears on Monday morning too. Maybe the sun knew that I had an extremely harried and busy weekend so it was trying to set the tone for the day. "Slow down, stop trying so hard", it was saying to me this morning.

I forget how efficient it can be to slow down sometimes. I get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of to-do lists and deadlines that I forget that there is real power in slowing down and expanding my awareness. Usually, this allows for all of my senses and faculties to pick up on the subtle clues that lead directly to my success. I'll be on the slow train today.

No comments:

Post a Comment