24 April 2010

Crisp and Clean

What a beautiful morning out there. It was cold but not too cold. The warmth of the sunrise was just enough to take the edge off. The sun was exactly what I needed this morning. I am so grateful that it rose in the regular fashion. I send out a quote of the day everyday to thousands of people all over the world. Today, the quote was this:

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time."
~Betty Smith


That's exactly what I did this morning when I was walking. I was so appreciative that the sun had risen and was warming me up even though it usually does this every day. In a way, it was taking the mundane and viewing it as extraordinary. In taking this action in one small area of my life, I have now set my focus to repeat this action in other areas today. It usually leads to amazing experiences. I will seek the extraordinary in the ordinary today and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment