07 April 2010

Window of Opportunity

It was a weird sunrise this morning. The sky was mostly overcast and grey (and it was cold). But at some point I turned around to see a burning red sun peeking through a break in the clouds. It was well after sunrise so it was odd that the sun was still red. I wanted to take a picture of it but by the time I got in a good spot the sun had disappeared into the overcast abyss again. I had missed my opportunity.

It makes me think of all the other opportunities that have passed me by because I wasn't ready or willing to take action when required. Many people think that success is being at the right place at the right time but that's only half of it. You also need to take action. Without action it is just an opportunity passing you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment