20 April 2010

Movement

The sun is rising dramatically earlier and earlier each day. What I didn't notice, until today, was how much the sun had shifted in its position on the horizon. Obviously, this makes sense that the sun would rise in a different N/S position in the summer. It just hadn't crossed my mind until I couldn't get a good picture this morning from some of my usual spots. It dawned on me that I will have to find some new usual spots for summer sunrises.

Again, I am reminded of the fact that falling into a common habit is so easy and so, well... habitual. But this practice, when done unconsciously, can also lead to stagnation and repetition. It's the stuff that "ruts" are made of. Now when I move to find some new photo spots for the morning sunrise, I will be reminded that I should also be searching for the newness in each day and in each opportunity. It may not be immediately obvious but a slight alteration of my perspective could be the catalyst for something dramatically different.

No comments:

Post a Comment