21 April 2010

Ugly Ducklings

The sunrise this morning was kind of bland; a non-event. There was hardly any colour and very few clouds to bounce the light. In fact, when the sun did actually rise, I almost missed it. It was at that moment that the paradox struck me. How could I ever consider this event as just "ordinary"? It is pretty amazing that the sun, the source of life on this planet, rises everyday. Good thing it never skips a day!

What if I took this view with everything else that I consider "ordinary"? Could I find the miraculous in the mundane? What effect would this have on my focus? Would it enable me to expand my gratitude such that I would draw to me more and more abundance? I think so. When I really looked at it, the sunrise was actually spectacular after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment