11 April 2010

Variations

There were so many variations in colour this morning during the sunrise. I tried to capture it in the panorama shot just as the sun broke the horizon. It looked like an Easter Egg basket of colour with all the pastel pink, blue and purple in the sky. The sun even skewed yellow instead of red or orange in keeping with the pastel theme. I couldn't decide where I wanted to look more. Every view was completely different. I couldn't even decide which picture to upload this morning which is why I chose the panorama one because it seemed to capture the whole scene.

At first glance, I thought it was going to be one of the most spectacular sunrises ever because there were thin layers and wisps of clouds. It was a beautiful sunrise but it wasn't a record-breaker. I wonder if the sun put in a decent effort but not a "leave-it-on-the-court" kind of effort. I can relate. I think of all the times where I could have given more than I had and for some reason, I just didn't. I am reminded of a quote that I heard and I love: "Don't give it all you've got. Rather, give it all it takes!". Good reminder on that one this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment