12 April 2010

Renewal

I watched the sunrise from my window this morning. It was gorgeous. Normally, I walk in the mornings but this morning, I needed to rest. Every once in a while I come across a day where I just need to stop. Today (well, actually yesterday) was one such day. Last night, I went to bed well before my children at around 7pm and slept until almost 6. Then, I made some tea and stayed in to watch the sun rise.

There is still a little voice in my head that says that I "should" be out there. This voice used to be very loud but now I just notice it, give it a hug and take of what really matters to me. This little voice used to be very judgmental but not so much anymore. Each time I reinforce what I really need and take care of what really matters then the voice gets a little smaller each day. So now, I notice when I need to rest because even the sun takes time off when it sets from my horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment