19 April 2010

Comfort Zone

I had an interesting experience this morning. My house was chaos at the crack of dawn because my siblings and their families were all departing for various flights this morning. I missed my usual routine of enjoying the stillness of the dawn and going for my sunrise walk. They left in a flurry of activity at 6:30 which is precisely when the sun was rising. It was an absolutely beautiful morning. I opted to skip the morning walk and spend time with my own already-awake family. But another reason that I opted out of my morning walk is that beautiful sunrises have become my "norm" so I wasn't that concerned with missing one.

Yikes! What an eye opener for me. I have actually reached a comfort zone with respect to beautiful sunrises. So much so that I was willing to miss one. Where else do I do this in my life? Later this morning I got to thinking, what if this morning's sunrise was the all-time best sunrise ever and I missed it because I was in the "sunrise comfort zone." Bang! Cosmic two by four! I am so grateful for the experience and insight. You can be darn sure that I will be out there front and center tomorrow morning waiting for the sun with new found enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment