03 April 2010

Slow Entry

There was a small band of cloud on the horizon this morning which prevented any spectacular sunrise display. Above this band, the sky was striped pink and blue in the softest pastel shades. It was pretty but not spectacular. There was a very narrow strip beneath the band where you could catch a glimpse of the red sun as it broke across the horizon. But then it disappeared into the band. I think the sun was sort of "sleeping in". It has been busy on this long weekend shining away and providing the most spectacular days. I have a feeling it just needed a few more minutes this morning so it hid behind the band of clouds.

I get that. There are some days where I just need some time to myself. I use this time to recharge and collect myself so I can be more present and more available to what is happening around me. I find that if I shortchange myself on this time then it ends up biting me in the behind. There are times where it is an effort to carve out this time for myself but I always find that it is well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment