08 May 2010

Waves

The lake was really wavy this morning. In fact, it looked like the ocean in a storm. The swell started somewhere out in the middle of the lake and made big crashing sounds when it hit the shore. Perhaps the lake was miffed that the sunrise was nonexistent: blocked out by a think layer of low storm clouds. On top of all that, it was freezing out and really windy. Not the nicest day of all time. A good time to reflect on how well we cope with perturbation and disappointment.

I think they key is flow. You can't control any circumstances but you can control your response: your flow. Instead of resisting the nastiness of this morning, I just worked with it. It was a still a beautiful walk in the fresh air. I looked at different things. I appreciated how the lake looked like the ocean and pretended that I was walking along the ocean's edge. Maybe something better is just around the corner and this is the preparation for it. Maybe the lake is doing a little spring cleaning of its own. I know that one thing's for sure. Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment