23 May 2010

Gentle Entrance

I’m up at the cottage on this beautiful weekend. I went out kayaking this morning in search of the sunrise. I wasn’t sure where the sun would actually come up. Sure, I knew the general direction but I couldn’t pinpoint the exact location. Usually you can tell where the sun will rise because there is a general concentration of colour and light around a certain spot. This was not the case this morning. The sky was a gorgeous muted colour so it wasn’t obvious where the sun would rise. It wasn’t until I saw the golden light that I knew the spot. It was such a gentle entrance.

It made me think of where I create tension in my own life. For what purpose? What if my life could flow as gently as this morning’s sunrise? I suppose we can either resist what is happening, ignore it or actually embrace it and sink right into it grounded in the faith that it all makes sense somewhere. The little things; the big things; all of it. Trust. Gentle trust. Quiet trust. This morning’s sunrise and last night’s sunset were picturesque examples of gentle surrender. You might not have it all figured out, completed or finalized but at least you can be in that place without also having tension and stress. That’s got to be better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment