03 May 2010

Smells Like Summer

I walked out the door this morning and I was hit with the smell of summer. I can't quite describe it accurately but I know you know what I mean. It had rained a lot last night and the sky was still quite overcast this morning so there wasn't much of sunrise to talk about today. I did note that there were some breaks in the clouds in the western sky which also allowed me to see where it was still raining. What a beautiful morning.

The theme for this morning's walk was goals. I think we get goals mixed up with tasks a lot. For example, the sun does not have a goal "to rise everyday". The sun has a goal to provide energy and warmth for all life on earth. The rising (and setting) of the sun is the task by which it accomplishes its goal. Likewise, for us humans, our goals need to be big. How big? Well, I think your goal should be big enough such that you really don't have a clue as to HOW you will accomplish it. That's a good indicator. The "how" will come to you along the way in the form of actions and intuitions. In fact, if you just take one SMALL step everyday in support of your goal, the "how" will take care of itself almost effortlessly. One step. Everday. Without exception. Your main job is to cultivate a big enough goal so that you are fully self-expressed. Goal setting is the realm of your conscious mind whereas goal getting is the power realm of your unconscious mind - it's out of your awareness but more powerful than you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment