24 May 2010

Restful Warmth

It’s going to be a beautiful day today. The sky is clear and the lake is calm. I am still up at the cottage and made a delightful discovery this morning. The air was freezing when I woke up this morning. I couldn’t bring myself to get out from under the warmth of my blankets. This turned out to be a good thing. Instead of powering through my coldness, I just heeded it and soon discovered that I could watch the sunrise from the warmth of my bed. It rose through the forest, up over my toes and burst into warmth spilling light across my room. What a treat.

There was a time where I would power through no matter what. I wouldn’t pay attention to what was going on around me. I wouldn’t pay attention to signals in myself. This approach often led to irritation, frustration and burn out. I have since discovered how to surrender into the present moment and take action according to the situation as it unfolds. This has led to ease, peace and even delightful surprises as was the case with the sunrise-in-bed discover this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment