30 May 2010

Peace and Quiet


I am in London, ON this morning and went for a walk near a beautiful seminary. There was something uniquely peaceful about this location. The sun rose up and over the building and created a halo effect of light. Just looking at it filled me with a sense of calm.

This is another example of the power of focus. There are always a million things to focus on and your experience will be shaped by the choice that you make about your focus. It was a cliche morning with the birds singing and the cloudless rosy sunrise. I walked around and around this seminary drinking in the peace that was literally oozing from its walls. The closer I got the more peaceful I felt. Perhaps I was sharpening my focus to look for more and more peace. All I know is that as I sit here to write this I feel an inner peace deep inside me where before there was none.

No comments:

Post a Comment