27 May 2010

Hot and Hazy

It's a typical NY summer day albeit it's only May 27th but it feels like summer nonetheless. The humidity is about 200% and it's already hot and sunny. It's so hard to see the sunrise in this place unless you are standing on the banks of the East River. Last night's sunset was spectacular again because we happened to be on a rooftop patio overlooking the Hudson. Perhaps I should have written a sunset blog whilst in New York.

There is something peculiar about today. It is May 27th and I have five good friends with birthdays today. In fact, from the period 24 May to 28 May, I have a total of 11 friends who share birthdays. This is odd. There are a very disproportionate number of May Gemini's in my life. In fact, the other night, I was out for dinner with my very good friend Alana who is born today. We were joined by my other very good friend Sara who is also born today. That was weird enough. But it gets better. Sara's boyfriend, Edward is a Scorpio born on November 18th which also happens to be my birthday. So, there we were: four people sharing only two birthdays between us. That had to be more than coincidence. When things like happen I start to pay attention to other things. What am I meant to be learning or noticing from these odd events. Perhaps these people contain a lesson for me. I know one thing for sure. The people born during this stretch of May have all had a major impact in my life. That's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment