06 May 2010

Never Compromise

The sunrise was really beautiful this morning following a night of thunder and rain. The sun doesn't hold any grudges. It just shows up in the morning and makes its entrance. If there are clouds in the way then so be it. If the clouds are done their work then so be it. The sun never compromises who it is regardless of the circumstances that surround it. Furthermore, often the sun uses the current circumstances to create beautiful effects. There was a point this morning as the sun rose into the sky where it was blocked by a cloud. Its rays however were not blocked and it created golden streams of light. When I was a kid I used to think those rays of light were angels coming down from heaven to help out here on earth. A small part of me still hopes that story is true.

I think where most people, me included, compromise their true nature is when they are under stress of some kind. When I experience more pressure than I can handle I often lose my wits. Perhaps I say things or do things that I really wish I didn't do. This compromises my true nature; the one full of love and compassion. The cause of this behavioural mix-up is a focus on the external circumstance versus the internal truth. Looking at the sun this morning, I realized that nothing fazes it. Absolutely nothing knocks it from its true nature. What a remarkable insight. Who would I have to be to remain steadfast in my truth despite the myriad of events happening to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment