10 May 2010

Short, Sweet and to the Point

It was freezing out this morning. Well, OK, not quite freezing. It was two degrees above zero. Truth be told, I would have preferred my warm down duvet this morning. For some reason, it's OK for it to be two degrees in the winter but in the spring, it's just not OK. I think the sun was feeling the same way. There wasn't any pomp and circumstance this morning - just a general lightening of the sky with the appropriate amount of colour.

It was beautiful but it was pretty much textbook this morning. I was so grateful when the sun broke the horizon because it offered just a shred more heat and felt so good on my face. Today I got a sense of the level of mundane details that go on all around us. There are so many processes that we never even think about: flowers opening, birds sleeping, wind blowing etc. I was so grateful for all of it this morning. That type of gratitude filled me with a warmth on the inside. It was exactly what I needed on this cold morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment