26 May 2010

Hiding Out

It's hard to find the sunrise in New York City. It's always hiding behind one of the over 5,000 buildings in Manhattan. It was a beautiful morning though, warm and sunny. Even though I couldn't see the sun, I knew it was hiding somewhere doing its thing. We had a beautiful view of the sunset over the Hudson river last night. Even in this concrete jungle there is still plenty of natural gorgeousness. I suppose it all depends on what you focus on.

A good friend asked me what I was spending my time focusing on. This friend suggested that I write a list of all the great things, accomplishments and kudos that have happened recently and then focus on them. The emotional shift is amazing. I could actually feel the energy change as my emotions shifted. Many people don't like NYC because it is busy and grimy and I can definitely see why they would notice these things. But it is also full of energy, bustling with diversity and surrounded by beauty. The paths that run along the Hudson River and the East River are among the prettiest river strolls that I have ever done. A ten minute walk from Wall Street itself puts you on a pier on the East River soaking up the glorious sun. Your experience all depends on what you choose to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment