02 January 2010

Windy

I'm still in Collingwood and today's sunrise was even less obvious than yesterday's. I swear it's as if the wind is trying to pick up the trees and move them. Yesterday's peaceful snowing ushered in the dawn with a peaceful tranquility. However, today the weather is anything but tranquil. The sunrise was abrupt today. First it was dark and then it was light. I suspect the wind whipping the snow around had something to do with noticing it.

Today, I am even less certain that the sun is actually there behind all of that gray cloud and vicious wind. It's just so nasty out. However, even as I type this I know I am being silly. Of course, the sun is there, right?? After all it is lighter out than it was at 5:30 this morning :) Perhaps it was days such as this one that helped the ancients develop the concept of faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment