09 January 2010

Beauty

The snow looks really soft this morning. Cold, but soft. I am up in Collingwood again this weekend as I do most weekends in the winter. When I am in Toronto the sun rises up over the horizon above Lake Ontario. It is usually a stunning visual display of colour. When I am in Collingwood, the sun rises over the town. Despite the fact that we are on the shores of Lake Huron, the sun doesn't rise above the lake although I imagine that it might set over the lake in the summertime. The sunrise over the town isn't quite as dramatic as the sunrise over Lake Ontario. Yet, it's still beautiful in it own way. And even if it's not beautiful, the sun still gets risen. The job gets done whether or not it's a beautiful postcard sunrise or a completely grey windblown storm.

If you look for beauty then you will find beauty. This is along the lines of a principle that I write about in my new book. You always ultimately find what you seek out. It's a physiological functioning. So, if you make a commitment to seek out beauty then you will find beauty everywhere. Likewise, if you make an effort to seek out what's wrong then that is what you will have. Take it from me, looking for the beauty is more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment