17 January 2010

What Works

*First of all, I want to apologize for posting this entry a day late - there were technical difficulties. I have sorted them out so that should be the end of it.*

The sun doesn't struggle against what is. The sun doesn't even try to control the circumstances. If it is overcast, the sun rises. If there is broken cloud, the sun rises. If there is a howling blizzard, the sun rises. It doesn't depend on the outside circumstances for its actions. It just carries them out to the best of its ability.

This is a good lesson; a simple lesson. It's a lesson that I would benefit from paying more attention to. I think it's important to remember what I am trying to do; what my purpose is. And, then just do it, regardless of whether or not the circumstances are ideal, or even supportive for that matter. I had forgotten this really important point until the sunrise reminded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment