04 January 2010

Backwards



I am back in Toronto and thankfully the howling wind didn't follow me home. This morning looked a lot like the other days. I still haven't had a confirmed sighting of the sun at sunrise. However, I did observe something interesting on my walk this morning. The wind which almost always blows from the lake on to the shore was blowing the other way around today. It was blowing from the shore out on to the lake. It looked really weird to see the waves moving away from the shore. All I could think was "that's backwards". That led me to ponder what else in my life is "backwards" right now.

I have been told that the planet Mercury is "in retrograde" right now (until 15 January). When a planet is in retrograde it appears to be moving backwards at least from our perspective here on earth. Astrologers say that when Mercury is in retrograde it often messes up our ability to get things done and it also interferes with our communication in all forms so we experience more misunderstandings and miscommunication. Yuck! Take it from me, if you try to push your agenda during a retrograde you will be met with a great deal of frustration. I have learned this the hard way in the past and have decided to go with the flow when Mercury is in retrograde. It seems that I had forgotten this principle up until today when I was struck by "all things backwards". It was a giant "cosmic two by four" gently (or not so) reminding me to slow down, focus inward and stop pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment