05 January 2010

PRIORITY

I had an interesting experience with the sunrise this morning. You see, the sun actually rose at 7:51am this morning which happens to conflict with my weekly (and coveted) boxing class that starts at 7:30am. I was in a dilemma last night. What should I do? I went back and forth. Skip the class, do the class, skip the class, do the class. This continued into the morning when I got up around 6:30am. Should I skip the class or do the class? I got to asking myself a question "where else does this conflicted behaviour show up in my life?". I was startled to realize that it happened a lot more than I wanted it to. What a gift the conflict had been!! It lit up a whole area of my life where I question myself, where I doubt myself.

With my new revelation in hand, I decided to ask myself "what did I most need and want to do?". The answer came back a resounding "boxing". So I trusted my instinct and put that plan in motion. As I was heading out the door, I had a brilliant idea - I could still witness the sunrise from my boxing class because the room has huge floor to ceiling windows. So, at precisely 7:51am, I stopped pounding the poor punching bag and headed over to the window to confirm that the lightness in the sky did, in fact, indicate that there was still a sun and it had finally risen. I left the boxing class feeling more certain that I had in a while. Thanks to the quandary to help me discover a little bit more of myself. Or should I say, thanks to the sun?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment