12 January 2010

Paradox

Today, I was reminded of the power that comes from being still. It was a quite morning and a peaceful sunrise - not much to report. It wasn't particularly stunning but it did the job and got the day going. That got me thinking - perhaps there are places in my own life where I could just get the job done. Get it done without the drama, without the stress and without being so frantic. Maybe always saying I'm so busy actually makes me more busy. Instead of going crazy with all of the things I had to do today. I took some key time out.

I spent about 30 minutes in the infrared sauna that I love so much. Most of the time I was just breathing. Slow, diaphragmatic breaths. After 10 minutes, I actually felt clearer. I actually felt grounded and the solutions came to me easily. It reminded me of a book I read once. It was called something like "Don't Just Do Something, Sit There". I think there's more wisdom in that title than I gave it credit for when I first saw it. Sitting there today, I got more done then when I run around like a madwoman. Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment