06 January 2010

Finally!


This morning I witnessed a beautiful sunrise complete with red streaks in the sky and all. The first word that came to mind was "finally!" I had been so anticipating the chance to see the sky change colour. I love that part. I was also reminded that things always change and even the worse circumstances eventually ease up. This is a normal cycle of life. It's amazing how many times I forget that there is an ebb and flow to life. I think it's most challenging to remember this fact when I am being tested or faced with a big challenge. It seems that there have been many tests in my life lately. Perhaps that is associated with the fact that there are still a few things looking for closure from 2009. Perhaps it's just a natural cycle of life and I happen to be more aware of it now that I have turned my intention to noticing.
Another interesting thing that I noticed on my walk this morning was the ice along the shore. At one point I realized that I wasn't actually walking on the shore at all. I was actually walking on the ice. I like to walk along the very edge of the lake at the place where the water precisely meets the land. In the summer, I usually end up with wet feet or boots. In the winter, though, I realize that it order to walk along the edge that I actually have to be walking on the ice. It's strange how frozen water can extend the edge of the shore so that someone like me can actually be out there "walking on water". It was also strange that I could be supported by some frozen water that was only a couple inches thick. Perhaps we are more supported than we think we are. Now that's an interesting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment