15 January 2010

Roles

Today I was reminded of how each of us have a role to play. I got this email in my inbox this morning and it brought tears to my eyes. It was from tut.com and it's perfect for the sunrises365 project.

"Some people just have big hearts, Gina. And with this gift they're very often able to feel, offer, and show far more love than they receive from those around them. Which, at times, is a heavy load to bear. So today I'd like to remind them, and especially you, that the sun asks not that the moon and planets help brighten each day, but relishes her role as a keeper of the light and a bringer of the dawn. A role much like your own."

I think of all of things that have been troubling me lately and wonder where I have been asking others to change so it will make my life easier. I was gently reminded, by a close friend, yesterday that challenging times require us to discover more of who we are and to remember who we really are. I guess the sun knows this already and tries to show us each and every day to show up and do our part.

No comments:

Post a Comment