13 January 2010

Ordinary

Today is an ordinary day. Grey skies, muted light, average winter temperature. It seems that the sun has been hiding behind the clouds a lot this year so far. In fact, it seems as thought I have only really seen the actual sun rise on 2 occasions. Yet, it is still there, shining away and doing its thing.

I can relate to that. There are many days where I just plug away and do my thing. There's no fanfare or glamour - just work. And yet, it all adds up to something bigger than that. What I realize is that the mundane days are necessary to get the pieces in place. They are also necessary in order for me to have some down time, a chance to rejuvenate without having to be "on". Maybe the sun needs the same thing - a little downtime, out of the spotlight so it build up to that unbelievable stunning sun rise that will take my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment