07 January 2010

Surrender

I learned about surrender this morning through this project. You see, my new book is about to launch and I have been burning the proverbial candle at both ends for many nights in a row. I felt it this morning. My body is conditioned to awaken early and I consider myself a morning person but this morning I felt weary. The softness in me realized that I needed to rest. The hardness in me wanted to push me past this point of exhaustion. The softness won.

Instead of pushing myself to "suck it up" and get out there and walk this morning, I decided to stay in my warm bed and watch the sunrise through my bedroom window. It was another grey day so it was more of a "sky lighting" than a sun "rise" but I watched it nonetheless. In surrendering to my weariness I actually found some energy. Perhaps it was because I was giving myself what I needed instead of what I "should" be needing. The rest of my morning went unusually easy as well. Perhaps there is something to surrendering to this softness...

No comments:

Post a Comment