31 January 2010

Faith in the Process

It's actually almost totally cloudy here in Las Vegas today. Almost, but not quite. There's a big difference between almost and totally. I think we tend to forget that most days. I know that I personally forget this fact. Often, I think that something is totally finished or totally impossible when in reality it is almost or partial. When something is almost or partial then there is an opening. Sure, it might be a small opening but there is still an opening; a space where something else can occur.

When you focus on what's wrong then you get more of what's wrong. Conversely, when you focus on what's right then you get more of what's right. If you focus on the space between the blockage then you will be able to see the alternatives; the solutions. In the same way that I can see little bits of brilliant blue sky in between the grey and white cloud cover. If I blur my eyes then I only see the clouds but if I look directly in the spaces then I am overcome by the diversity of shades of blue, the beauty that exists right in front of my eyes. Where I choose to focus is my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment