22 January 2010

Really Windy

The lake looked like the ocean this morning. The waves were of surfing quality. I'm not joking. The wind seemed to control the sunrise today. It kept putting clouds in the way of the red and pink that streaked the sky. It's as though the sun had to find another location to rise up. I swear it seemed to rise in a completely different place. It was weird. And yet, the sun managed to get up. Not even the howling wind could stop it. It just kept doing it's thing.

I'm in the same place right now - plodding along and getting things done. There have been many obstacles in my way but I keep finding the resources to move around them or to ignore them or even reframe them. It's not glamorous work but it needs to be done in order to support the glamorous work. Today is a day of getting it done without complaining and without any glory. Head down and plodding along. At the end of this day, I will have accomplished my tasks and sometimes that is all we are meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment