06 July 2010

Stability

Did you know the sun comes up every day regardless of what is happening in your life or my life? In the desert, the sunrise seems to be identical each and every scorching hot morning. The desert goes from hot to hotter to hottest in a matter of hours. I personally love the heat. By about 7am, it is so hot already that you can start to "see" the heat around the edges of the mountains and the horizon. It glimmers and glows and seems to mute the colours. Yet, regardless of how it shines or how hot (or not) it is, one thing is for certain. The sun's coming up again tomorrow.

How many things in your life are that certain? Probably nothing. In fact, there are very few things in life that we hold as certain as the sun coming up (and going down). There are ways to transfer these feelings of certainty to other beliefs. Imagine if you held the same sense of certainty about your ability to start a business or your ability to achieve your dreams. It is absolutely possible to transfer this certainty within your own neurology. That is why I love the field of NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) so much. Because it gives me the "know-how" to do things like increase the certainty of my beliefs so I can consciously create a life that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment