26 July 2010

Hanging in the Balance
















It was a stunning morning today. The full moon was setting as I came around the corner of the boardwalk. About 30 minutes later the sun completed the scenery with an intense purplish and red sunrise. I couldn't decide which direction was more beautiful so I kept turning around and taking in both scenes. I felt like the fulcrum of a teeter totter.

I noticed that being present in that moment was actually a balancing act. It was very dynamic. I would go back and forth between the sun and the moon. I never actually stopped moving even if just a little bit. I think that's the key to living in the present moment. It doesn't mean shutting down so that nothing bothers you. I think it actually means being aware of the tension that exists in everything and marveling at how it all works together. Fully feeling each moment instead of escaping any feeling is the key. In that way, you can be present to any set of circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment