08 July 2010

Slight Changes

The reason why I have not been taking pictures every morning of the desert sunrise is that it is usually identical each day. However, this morning there was some rare cloud on the horizon. It made for a beautifully spectacular sunrise which filled the sky with gold, orange, purple and blue. It was a small change that made a huge difference. I sat on my balcony and just watched it unfold.

I started thinking about how it is usually the small changes that make the biggest difference in our lives. We are all out there looking for the BIG idea, the breakthrough, the magic pill that will solve all of our problems. But I am constantly reminded that it is usually the culmination of the little things that causes a shift. It may appear to be instantaneous but it is often the result of a series of slight changes versus one big one. Therefore I try to make small changes every day. This morning I took a walk in a completely different direction. I came across something that made me laugh along the way. Laughter is good and it usually puts me in a more powerful and positive state for the day. This positive state was made possible by the slight change of walking somewhere else. Who knows where it will lead but I can tell one thing for sure - it wouldn't have been possible without making the slight change.

No comments:

Post a Comment