17 July 2010

Final Farewell




This was the last sunrise in the desert for me. I watched it from Red Rock Canyon. It was mesmerizing. The sky was afire with a golden red fiery glow. I watched it burst up over the horizon and up over the red and grey rocks of the stunning canyon. It was a postcard or at the very least a "Kodak moment". I took a million pictures. I wanted to capture everything.

Endings are like that. It feels as though something will last forever. And then, towards the end, it becomes frantic. Saying goodbye, taking pictures, connecting with each person. We had over 16 days to do this yet it all comes down to the final few hours. I'm not good at endings. I'm much better at starting things. I'll miss this place and it's demanding heat. There is nothing frivolous in the desert - it requires honesty because there is nowhere to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment