27 July 2010

Resisting the Inevitable

I'm wondering if there is a day where the sun just doesn't want to come up. Does it ever wake up and wish it could not rise? My guess is no. The sun was a breathtaking ball of fiery red light this morning as it burst up over the horizon. It seemed to come right out of the lake.

I suppose I might be projecting on the sun. There are most definitely days where I don't want to get up. My work feels insignificant and the problems seem insurmountable. I feel beaten. I want to escape. But then I remember that I can't. That other people are counting on me. That my kids need lunches made and bathing suits packed. My students need a teacher to show up. Life keeps moving whether you do or not. It's days like this where I dig deep and discover that I'm made of more than I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment