28 July 2010

Cotton Candy













Do you remember that blue and pink cotton candy that you used to get at carnivals when you were a kid? That was the sunrise this morning. The sky was streaked with strings of cotton tinged with either blue or pink. It was dancing about the sky as the wind shifted and changed with the impending storm.

I miss being a kid. I miss the freedom that comes with not knowing so many things. I believe we call it "innocence". I yearn for simplicity in my life sometimes. I yearn to be free to run full speed from my living room to my sunroom or yell at the top of my lungs when I'm mad. This yearning usually lasts only for a moment and then it's gone. I was listening to a song by Lights this morning called "Pretend"; the lyrics capture that yearning perfectly. Maybe it would be a good idea to play pretend more often than we do. I bet it's more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment