15 July 2010

Lessons

Standard sunrise again this morning. I feel as though I've been here before. I wonder if the sun goes through cycles of repetition with a purpose. I thought about taking a picture this morning but it honestly looked exactly the same as the previous few days.

I got to wondering, if the sunrise looks exactly the same then how do I now that it's a new day? I know it's a new day by looking at my calendar but other than that the morning looks exactly the same. Is there a lesson that I am meant to be learning that is hovering in the routine? We are always being presented with the opportunity to learn something but most of the time we miss the opportunity. I think that routine days or repetition is a way of slowing down the process so that we might notice the lesson that is right in front of us. They made a movie about this concept once. It was called "Groundhog Day". What we need is usually staring us in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment