18 July 2010

New Again

I'm back in Toronto. The sun was brilliant today and yet it felt cool at only 27 degrees compared with the high 40's of the desert. It was oddly relieving. It's strange how a shift in perspective can literally change everything. A a few weeks ago, I would have melted at the thought of 45 degrees heat. Now, I have a different viewpoint.

I have noticed that making small shifts in my perspective has often led to a completely new experience of my circumstances. Usually, this process has allowed me to access more resources thereby making it easier for me to deal with my circumstances, especially the challenging ones. It can be accomplished as easily as changing a routine. In fact, I find that when I take a different route or try something new that everything changes in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment