05 July 2010

Deja Vu


I have watched the sunrise from Red Rock Canyon before. It was almost identical. The same song even came on the radio as I drove into the canyon. It was really bizarre. The only marked difference that I could discern was my path was crossed by jack rabbits on no less than five occasions. And, then again, my path was crossed by burros. It was all a little weird. Hard to believe I was less than 30 minutes from the strip in Las Vegas.

Whenever I have deja vu, I begin to question what issues in my life are still needing resolution; so much so that I have created almost identical circumstances to facilitate the completion. This is my approach to deja vu. It's not necessarily true but I am always intrigued by circumstances that repeat themselves. Usually it means that the lesson was missed and it is being re-presented for learning. Some lessons are more important than others which is why deja vu is significant to me. It's like a supercharged cosmic two by four ensuring that it gets my attention. It definitely got my attention this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment