20 August 2010

Waiting

I was waiting for the sunrise for a long time this morning. I am back in Santa Monica so was awake at some ungodly hour due to the time difference. It seemed as though the sun would never rise. The sky remained this not-quite-dark version for what seemed like forever. I was waiting and watching the clock tick slowly by. Waiting and waiting.

Patience is a virtue, they say. Lord knows, patience is not my strongest virtue. In fact, I have been known to get easily frustrated and take matters in my own hands when I run out of patience. However, in the humorous case of the sunrise, I could take matters into my own hands. The sun was coming up on its schedule and that was that. So I sat and waited and surrendered my need to control the circumstances. A funny thing happened, I really started enjoying the sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment