03 August 2010

Slowly and Surely

The sky warmed up slowly today starting with a faint glow far off in the distant mountains of southern California. It was hot already when I got up this morning in the quaint little town of Julian, CA. The sun seemed to lumber up in response to the heat. It was as though the sun was as tired as I have been lately.

Working too hard is not a sign of success. It's a sign of detachment. Detachment from how burnt out you really feel. It isn't until you get a break from the pace that you realize you've been running too hard. This last time was a bit of a wake-up call for me. If you look around you'll find harmony in nature. Push and pull. Give and take. I think I've spent a little too much time pushing and giving lately. Balance is not static; it's dynamic and it takes as much action to rest and rejuvenate as it takes to work hard. It's just a different type of focus and attention but one worthy nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment