16 August 2010

Released


The weather finally relented into a brilliant thunderstorm yesterday. It was as if it were releasing the build-up of tension throughout the world. The anticipation of the storm was slow and painful. Finally and mercifully, the skies ripped open and released the energy. The lightning storms continued long after the storm had passed. The sky was bright and clear this morning relieved of the heaviness and tension of the weekend. The edges were crisp and the colours beautiful as the golden light from the sun mixed with the brilliant blue of the sky. The result was glorious shades of purple and pink.

I felt as though I was riding the waves of tension in parallel to the thunderstorm. The image of holding my breath continuously cycled through my mind. If the storm was a projection then I was certainly storing a lot of tension. Noticing my surroundings gave me an opportunity to notice what was going on inside of me. This happens more often than you think. Usually, what you need is being so clearly communicated in and through your circumstances that you simply need to pay attention and take the resulting inspired action. Interestingly enough, I feel clear and relaxed this morning as well. I wonder if my edges are defined by beautiful colours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment