05 August 2010

Slow and Steady

I'm beginning to see a pattern in the mornings on the coast of California: overcast and grey. I remember this pattern from my decade spent living in Vancouver. The sun takes a while to get going on the Pacific coast. It has to first burn through all of the cloud that rolled in off the ocean overnight. Well, Carlsbad is no exception. However I can already see blue sky poking through the grey blanket.

The air was heavy this morning and I felt exactly the same way. I could almost hear the sun telling me to go back to bed. So I sat there for a few minutes and then I did go back to bed and sleep soundlessly for another two hours. I think I was tired and I'm pretty sure the sun knew it. I'm grateful for the signal to get the rest that I need. Sometimes it takes an outside force pushing us into what we need. I know that I often love the feeling of surrendering to someone else's lead. Today was that day for sure. Thank you sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment