09 August 2010

Everything

The sun is everything. Without it, we cannot live. I have personally spent many hours in the last week seeking the warmth and comfort of the sun. None of it in the mornings, of course, because I have yet to see the sun actually rise in California on this trip. I am sitting at LAX right now and the sky is again overcast. However, I expect it will burn through the mist in a couple hours and work its magic once again.

Opposites provide context. The general lack of sun in the mornings has made me appreciate the spectacular sunrises that I have been able to witness this year. I don't really appreciate the warmth of the sun until I am sitting in the shade freezing a bit. I started to apply this awareness to other areas of my life. Could I appreciate something about someone by recognizing the opposite first? We tend to avoid negative emotions at all costs but sometimes the negative emotion provides insight as to what exactly needs healing. It seems that the only way to the other side is straight through the middle.

1 comment:

  1. Gina!

    ALL your blog posts are amazing, but this one in particular is great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete