10 August 2010

Misty Morning


It was such a rare morning. There was an eerie mist swirling about the lake at sunrise. I hesitate to just call it a fog because this mist had movement. It was constantly shifting and I felt as though I stood on the edge of the Lake leading to the mystical island of Avalon. From time to time, a flock of geese would fly by appearing only briefly in the mist and then disappearing once again. I felt as though I was inside something.

It was oddly comforting. I wanted to stay there forever. I felt protected, secure and content. I sat on a rock at the edge of the lake for a long time. It was like being invisible because there is no way anyone could have seen me from the boardwalk nor from the lake. It was like being in a cocoon. It dawned on me on how much that feeling of security is lacking in our lives. We run from place to place, from decision to decision but we never can really know if what we are doing is the right thing. Every action we take is a leap of faith. There are no guarantees in life. The best we can do is live our truest life and love as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment