12 August 2010

Unrest


The morning was full of energy. It was windy and busy and generally unruly. There is a coming storm in the air, that's for sure. It was anything but peaceful down there this morning. Even the birds were acting strange. Hundreds and hundreds of geese were flying in V-formation about a foot above the surface of the lake. It was so bizarre. Perhaps they were practicing their formations for flying south in the fall.

When I notice the angst in the weather and on the lake then I take notice of it within myself as well. I start to notice all of the things that are still undone. I start to fret about not having enough time to get it done or whether I want to get it done in the first place. And then, I stop. As I stood on the edge of the lake, I just let the wind whip through my hair. I shifted my attention from my angst to the fact that the air felt cool; that this was the first time in a week where it hasn't been sticky, sweaty, humid hot. It felt great. Then, after my brief pause, I could focus on what was right. I forgot the angst altogether. I just needed to make a shift in order to snap out of it. Luckily, the wind was there to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment