13 August 2010

Sky Waves




The sky was so beautiful this morning. The clouds looked like rolling waves in the sky. They were flowing, swirling and curling to match the rhythm of the waves on the lake below. The sun burst out of the water in a fiery red ball. The edges were so defined against the hazy blue sky. The entire sky lit up giving the clouds a golden edge to their wavelike appearance. The whole scene seemed to flow from one frame to the next without any apparent transition. Yet, the sky would be completely changed after only a few minutes. It was very subtle and graceful.

There are times when being in the flow makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps its the unpredictability of what will happen next or the simple fact that things change quickly and without warning when you are just flowing. Paradoxically, I also rather enjoy the flow for the very same reasons. Once I surrender to the flow then I am able to get in a groove and go with it. I realize that it's my decision to let go that changes my experience of the situation. I suppose the discipline in life is choosing to make that decision to let go and trusting that everything that happens does so for a higher purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment