07 August 2010

Love

When you feel the sun's warmth upon your face, it feels like love, does it not? Does it still feel like love when the sun is shrouded in grey and overcast skies. Is there still love there? I am certain of it. In fact, when the sun is hidden as it is again this morning then it forces me to look around to notice what else is right before my eyes. As I follow my gaze around this beautiful property I notice swaying palm trees, stunning rose gardens, soothing fountains, hummingbirds, pelicans and even the far off chatter of complete strangers. All of this too, is love.

There is nothing that is not love. Even though (and especially) if there are times where it feels anything like love, that's still love. That's the paradoxical beauty of love. It's everywhere and everything. If you are not feeling it then consider that you have closed to the abundance of love that is literally everything bursting to get in. As I write this sentence, I realize the absurdity because you, too, are also love which means that if you are not feeling it then you have closed yourself off from yourself. This can be easily undone. Literally. Just breathe and allow your heart to open. It will. And then feel what is all around you from the inside out. It's always been there and will always be there. No matter what. Just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment