31 August 2010

Simplicity




The sun rose like a stealth bomber this morning. There was no fanfare, no pomp and circumstance. There were no clouds and very little colour. The sun just crept up quietly and took its place in the sky above the cedar trees. Canoe lake was almost flat as ice but the loons were singing up a storm piercing the dawn with their haunting calls.

I am sitting here at the end of the dock obscured by the sailing lookout, hidden in solitude to watch the rest of the sunrise. I love these moments. There is real joy to be had in the simple, quiet moments in life. There is no chatter either outside or in. My senses are alive with life. I am reminded of the simple pleasures afforded by my senses. Peace follows simplicity. Seek simplicity and undoubtedly peace will be lurking in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment